Instrument transformers are the special purpose transformers that are used in power systems for taking measurements.
Two types of instrument transformers are there
- Current transformer
- Potential transformer
The Lecture Slide below introduces you to some basic terms and important concepts associated with instrument transformers.
List of Contents
- What is an instrument transformer
- What is Potential Transformer
- What is Current Transformer
- What is Burden
- What is CCVT
- How polarity of a CT is shown
- What is rating factor or RF of CT
- What is usual rating factor of CT
- What is burden rating of CT